View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Unuseable skills/spells 

Post Unuseable skills/spells
When an avatar goes to practice/ train a new skill or spell, and types practice... the WHOLE list of spells and skills in the game(and those that arent implemented yet) show up as available to learn. We , for the most part, know which ones avats can train and the ones that wont work. I was wondering if there is a way to code it where if someone trys to learn an unlearnable skill or spell, that it just gives them a message instead of crashing the mud ? Apparently Pyriel was experimenting some and crashed it when he attempted to learn a breath skill. No- this isnt a bash Pyriel session, but it did bring to front something that probably should have been taken care of long time ago.

I suggest the following , either code it where when someone trys to learn a skill or spell that isnt allowed get a message such as "Sorry, you are not of proper level to learn that" etc OR Code it where when an avat types practice to see all the available skills/spell for them to learn from, that it brings up a new filtered/modified list, that shows ONLY the spells that can be trained and not the "extra" stuff we have listed.

Anyhow, my 2 cents

mlangleyjr@yahoo.com

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]